- Varsity: Franklin 6 - Warren DeLaSalle 41
- The Patriots finish the season with a 41-6 loss to the Pilots from Warren DeLaSalle. Congratulations to the 2017 MHSAA Division 2 State runner-up on an amazing season.
- Varsity: Franklin 20 - Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central 0
- For the first time in Franklin history, the Patriots will play at Ford Field in an attempt to win the school's second state title. The Patriots traveled to Grand Ledge to face the undefeated Rangers from Forest Hills Central in a Division 2 semifinal matchup. From start to finish is was all Patriots! The defense was incredible, forcing 3 turnovers (2 INTs and a fumble) and keeping the Rangers, who have averaged 40 points a game, off the board. Brad Gibson's kicking game was solid as usual making 2 out of 3 field goals and preventing Forest Hills from having good field position all day. Isaac Moore scored a pair of TDs (7, 1) and led the ground attack from the Pats. Moore's second TD came after Julius Simmons broke loose for a 65 yard cut back run. The Patriots, led by Sophomore QB Jake Kelbert, will battle the Pilots from Warren De La Salle next Friday, November 24th, 1:00pm at Ford Field.
- Varsity: Franklin 31 - Flushing 29
- The Patriot's playoff run continues as they get past the visiting Flushing Raiders 31-29 with a last minute, 27 yard field goal by senior Brad Gibson. Sophomore QB, Jake Kelbert lead his Patriots all night long, rushing and passing to help his team bring home the Division 2, Region 2 championship. Read about the game. The boys will travel (location TBD) next week to face the unbeaten Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central Rangers in the semifinals.
- Varsity: Franklin 21 - Churchill 19
- The Patriot's battled Livonia Churchill for the Division 2, Region 2, District 2 Championship on a perfect Friday night. The Pats came out on top 21-19 in a back and forth battle. Franklin will host Flushing next Friday for the Regional Championship.
- Varsity: Franklin 35 - Walled Lake Western 28
- Franklin's varsity team entered the playoffs 7-2 and faced a tough Walled Lake Western team on the road. In a Region 2 District 2, pre-district matchup, the Pats came out with a huge come from behind overtime win and will make the short trip to rival Livonia Churchill next Friday to battle for the District title.
- Varsity: Franklin 35 - Stevenson 21
- Franklin drew crosstown rival Livonia Stevenson in the KLAA crossover and looked to avenge their season opening loss the Spartans. Isaac Moore lead the ground attack accumulating 225 yards and 4 TDs by the halfway mark (35-7 Franklin). Defense was strong for the entire contest with 3 turnovers and only allowing 2 late 4th quarter scores. Sunday night's MHSAA playoff selection show will determine the next opponent for the Pats. Finishing the regular season 7-2 the Patriots are looking to host next Friday's pre-district.
- Varsity: Franklin 35 - Grand Blanc 0
- Franklin's varsity football team picked up their 4th win in a row with am impressive 35-0 victory over visiting Grand Blanc. The Pats improved to 6-2 overall for the season and clinched a playoff berth for the third straight season. Jake Kelbert had 2 TDs, Isaac Moore, Julius Simmons and Keegan Flaherty each crossed the goal line once. The defensive unit came away with 2 INTs and several sacks and TFLs. It was a very good win for the Patriots. Franklin will host the cross-over next Friday and will look to improve to 7-2 to finish the regular season.
- Varsity: Franklin 10 - Plymouth 7
- The Patriots travelled to Plymouth the take on the 2-4 Wildcats. The weather was warm but wet, which appeared to keep both offenses from firing on all cylinders. The 7-7 halftime deadlock was broken with a late 38 yard game winning field goal from Brad Gibson. Jake Kelbert scored the lone TD for the Pats. Franklin now stands at 5-2 for the season and will host Grand Blanc next Friday.
- Varsity: Franklin 27 - John Glenn 14
- The Patriots welcomed the Rockets of John Glenn to this season's annual Homecoming game. After a sloppy first half of mistakes and penalties on both sides, Franklin decided to crank up the intensity after the break. The second half was another story and the Patriot's did what they do best: Run the ball down the field. The weather was perfect and the boys came away with a good win, 27-14. The varsity squad will travel to Plymouth next Friday to take on the 2-4 Wildcats.
- Varsity: Franklin 21 - Howell 0
- Franklin did what it does to most teams and ran wild for 245 yards while keeping the Howell offense off the board in a 21-0 victory at Howell High School on Friday night. Franklin opened the scoring in the first quarter with a 15-yard run from dual-threat quarterback Jake Kelbert, who put Franklin ahead, 7-0. Julius Simmons, who entered the game with a team-leading four rushing touchdowns, added No. 5 on a 5-yard run in the second to make it a 14-point halftime lead. Then, on another keeper from Kelbert in the third, Franklin scored again. The Pats will host the Rockets next week for the annual Homecoming game.
- Varsity: Franklin 10 - Churchill 24
- The Patriots travelled to Churchill to battle the Chargers in a cross town rivalry. The Chargers came out on top after jumping out to a 17-0 early lead. Franklin fought their way back with a long Julious Simmons TD run and a Brad Gibson FG to get within one score. Defense made some great stops but ultimately couldn't keep Churchill off the board. The Pats head to Howell next week in an attempt to pick up win number three.
- Varsity: Franklin 19 - Northville 16
- The Patriots get past the visiting Mustangs with a winning field goal with only 10 seconds on the clock. After being down 13-0 at the halfway mark, Franklin's varsity team never quit and never stopped fighting. Jake Kelbert led the charge twisting and turning his way down the field and throwing 2 TDs. Julias Simmons and Jake Mass were the recipients of Kelbert's passes. However, the Pats were still down 16-14 with 2:30 to play. The Mustangs were marching down the field and then it happened! FUMBLE! Patriots ball! Franklin worked down the field, but time was running out. With only one timeout remaining, Coach Kelbert waited for the right moment. That moment came after Isaac Moore fought his way down the the 20 yard line with only 10 seconds remaining on the clock. Kelbert took his final timeout and sent the field goal unit onto the turf. Brad Gibson set up for the 37 yard boot and nailed the 3 pointer with plenty of leg. With only 6 seconds remaining, the Patriots simply had to keep Northville from returning the kickoff. After a dozen hook and ladder pitches, Franklin tackled the final ball carrier in the back of the endzone, ending the game and moving the Patriots to 2-1 on the season. The boys will travel to Churchill next week.
- Varsity: Franklin 35 - Wayne Memorial 6
- The Patriot's picked up their first win of the 2017 season, defeating the visiting Zebras 35-6. Franklin dominated on all sides of the ball causing several turnovers and favorable field position. Jake Kelbert, Julius Simmons and Isaac Moore all contributed TDs in the win. Brad Gibson went 5 for 5 in PATs. The Pats will host the Northville Mustangs next week.
- Varsity: Franklin 13 - Stevenson 14
- Franklin's Varsity squad start the season with a 14-13 loss to cross town rival Livonia Stevenson. The Pats held a 13-0 lead at half and just couldn't seal the deal to close out the win. Second half mistakes and penalties gave the Spartans extra opportunities and they took advantage. They'll look to pick up the first win of the season as they host Wayne Memorial next Friday. Julius Simmons and Isaac Moore had TDs for the Patriots.